Philip Fibiger, VP of Engineering
Phil is a software engineering manager with significant experience in guiding engineers, project leadership, and software design and implementation. He joined Voalte in 2012 from Canonical, Ltd., the company behind Ubuntu Linux, where he led the engineering teams building online services. Prior to Canonical, he managed web operations for Dimensional Fund Advisors in Los Angeles. Phil earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Cornell University.
5 random things
- I am an avid saltwater fly fisherman. There’s no place I’d rather be outdoors than on a saltwater flat, casting to tailing redfish.
- My first computer was a TI-99, but the first computer I programmed was a Compaq 286 “luggable” suitcase computer.
- My wife and I once spent 30 days and 7,000 miles in the car traversing the United States on a road trip between jobs. If a relationship can handle that, it can handle anything.
- An unexpected joy of parenthood has been introducing my 4-year-old to all the cartoons of my youth, which have shown up on Netflix (“Voltron,” “Transformers,” “Spider-Man and His Amazing Superfriends”).
- I spent winters of my youth going winter camping with my scout troop. You don’t know cold until you’ve forgotten to pull your boots into your sleeping bag on a -15F night and then attempt to put them on the next morning.