Efficient care team collaboration is vital to your hospital’s success and your patients’ care. Many hospitals find that a powerful communication platform can support efficient workflows, rapid response to patients, integration with the electronic medical record and key performance measures. But don’t take our word for it: Our customers reveal the real results powered by Voalte.
- 23% fewer med administration errors: When University of Washington’s Valley Medical Center implemented a new EHR mobile app and upgraded to Voalte Platform for clinical communication, the hospital developed new clinical workflows as well. One involved nurses indicating “Busy” status on their smartphones to reduce interruptions when administering medications. This new workflow dropped errors to 2.25 per month, for a 23% improvement and boost in patient safety.1
- $1.8M saved with faster discharge: By integrating Voalte Platform with the EHR, Avera Health improved discharge time by sending discharge orders directly to the care teams’ smartphones, which saved on average 25 minutes. With 25,917 annual discharges, and the cost of an empty bed estimated at $167 per hour, the annual savings adds up to $1.8 million.2
- 7 minutes saved on each RN-to-provider outreach: By making physician schedules accessible via Voalte Platform, University of Kentucky HealthCare helped care teams reach providers within 1 minute rather than 8 minutes. Instead of logging in to a website to view schedules and then paging a provider, nurses can see the schedule on their smartphone and with one tap send a secure text message to the appropriate provider.3
- 89% lower device repair costs: By upgrading from legacy phones to Voalte smartphones, WakeMed Health saved on device repair costs and improved user experience. WakeMed had a “burn rate” of approximately 35 exchanges per month for the old handsets, which was costing approximately $53,000 annually. Since the Voalte Platform deployment, the cost of repairs has dropped, resulting in 89% annual savings, or approximately $47,000.4
Whether you are looking to roll out and manage smartphone applications, streamline communication between care teams, or integrate your EHR with nurse call and patient monitoring, Voalte Platform can help. To learn more, request a demo!
- James Jones, University of Washington Valley Medical Center (March 2018). Smartphones for caregivers = better patient experiences. Session presented at HIMSS18, Las Vegas.
- Candice Friestad, DNP, MSN, MBA, RN, Avera Health (October 2018), Integrating with the EHR: Realizing the Benefits of a Patient–centric Directory. Session presented at VUE18, Sarasota, Florida.
- Carol Steltenkamp, MD, MBA, & Christina Bevevino, University of Kentucky HealthCare (October 2018), Integrating Physician Scheduling with a Communication Platform for Fewer False Outreaches. Presented at VUE18, Sarasota, Florida.
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals switches to smartphones and reduces repair costs by $47,000 per year (August 2015) https://www.voalte.com/resource/wakemed-health-hospitals