There’s nothing better than hard facts and real results to prove your hospital is seeing a return on its mobile communication investment. That’s why “Maximizing mobile communication ROI,” a presentation by Sally Gallot-Reeves, Healthcare Project Director at Frisbie Memorial Hospital, had such an impact this afternoon on the attendees at VUE15.
Sally highlighted the methods Frisbie Memorial used to gather facts and figures that measure change and inform the hospital’s future improvements to processes and workflow. By studying workflow before and after implementing Voalte smartphones, Sally reported the following impressive stats:
- 82% reduction in overall communication time.
- 6% increase in HCHAPS – Response of staff.
- 75% reduction in phone calls to OR control desk.
- 50% reduction in dietary request process steps.
- 0.5 FTE reduction in Rehab Services support desk.
- EMS transport communication to ED Charge RN.
See the case study for more details on how Frisbie Memorial implemented smartphones to improve caregiver communication after an $80 million expansion and renovation.
Matt Peterson is Eastern Regional Sales Director at Voalte.