Ask anyone who’s been there: The Voalte User Experience (VUE) conference is the one event each year that can open your eyes and broaden your horizons about how to best use healthcare communication technology for fast, efficient care team collaboration.
For a “New Point of VUE” about what’s possible with today’s healthcare communication technology solutions and the future of connected care, we’re inviting all Voalte customers to join us at VUE19, November 13–15 in Sarasota, Florida. For most of you, this will be your first opportunity to learn how the energy of Voalte plus the global resources of Hillrom will support strong connections at your health system.
Our speakers will include a star-studded lineup of thought leaders and communication technology experts who are making a real difference at their health systems. We’re especially pleased that Robert Wachter, MD, Professor and Chair of the Department of Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, will make the keynote presentation, prepared exclusively for Voalte customers, on an issue that has everyone’s attention: “Navigating the Digitization of Healthcare.” Dr. Wachter has been named one of the 50 most influential physician executives in the United States by Modern Healthcare, and is the best-selling author of The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine’s Computer Age.
We’re still working on expanding our VUE19 agenda, but here are some of the impressive clinical and technical leaders from highly respected hospitals who will be sharing their success stories, best practices and insights:
- Avera Health: Andrew Taylor, BS, RN-BC, Manager of Clinical Informatics
- Children’s of Alabama: Stephanie Lenz, BSN, MSN, Chief Clinical Information Officer
- Exeter Hospital: David Briden, Chief Information Officer
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System: Stephen Hosea, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Massachusetts General Hospital: Christopher Kirwan, PhD, Clinical Director of Medical Interpreter Services
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care: Robert Altiero, RN, BSM, Director of Clinical Information Systems
- Texas Children’s Hospital: Julie McGuire, RN, MSN, Director of Enterprise Systems, Clinical Applications and Epic
- UConn Health: Roberta Romeo Shannon, MSBAPM, Project Manager, Strategic Projects & Clinical Systems
- UCSF Health: Kevin Spolini, MSN, RN, Informatics Director for Clinical Integrated Applications
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics: Caitlin Bulin, Assistant Nurse Manager and Dan Lose, DNP, RN, CNML, Nurse Manager
The conference also features hands-on PreVUE Workshops on November 13 that let you work directly with the Voalte team to brainstorm how to optimize your current solutions. The four workshops will cover:
- Options for integrating smartphones with EHRs and admissions, discharges and transfers (ADT) systems
- How to find and leverage opportunities to maximize the value of your organization’s investment in Voalte
- Addressing common clinical workflow challenges that will include a simulated smart room for demonstrations involving nurse call and physiological monitoring alerts
- Streamlining your organization’s Voalte directory with recommendations for directory optimization, standardization and maintenance best practices
If you’d like to participate in these workshops, sign up now because space is limited!
VUE19 is a can’t miss event where you will network with other Voalte customers to swap ideas and share best practices for care communication. Plus, it’s the only way to get a sneak peek at the Voalte-Hillrom roadmap, an exclusive preview of where Voalte Platform is headed in the future.
We are expecting the event to sell out, so if you haven’t done so already, register by September 13 to waive the $999 registration fee and join us at The Westin Sarasota, Florida, November 13 through 15. Thank you to our sponsors for their support: Code, Datamation Systems, GroundControl, Lightning Bolt, mophie, QGenda, Rapid Healthcare, ScanSource, Spectralink and Zebra Technologies.
Naila Maroon is Director of Global Digital Marketing at Hillrom.