WakeMed Health & Hospitals switches to smartphones and reduces repair costs by $47,000 per year.
IT professionals and nurses at WakeMed Health & Hospitals had specific requests when it came time to upgrade to a new communication system. They wanted a simple smartphone touchscreen that would be easy to read and navigate, battery life that would last through a long shift, and the ability to see at a glance which nurses and providers were in the building and available at any given time. Ultimately, WakeMed decided on the flexible, multi-function smartphone solution from Voalte, which met their criteria and allowed interapp integration with the Epic EMR.
Find out more by downloading the case study.
- 919-bed private, not-for-profit health system
- 550 Voalte smartphones
- Approximately 2,500 Voalte users
- WakeMed Raleigh Campus
- WakeMed Cary Hospital
- WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital
- Ability to call, text and receive alerts with one multi-use device
- Quieter environment due to reduced use of overhead paging
- Ability to see at a glance which providers are available
- Reduced repair and refurbish costs by 89% per year