Changes to this policy.
We may change this Policy from time to time without notice to you. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review our websites and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of our websites after such modifications will constitute your: 1) acknowledgement of the modified Policy and 2) agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use Voalte’s Products and Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely: 1) aggregate data and 2) personal information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number and financial information that you provide to Voalte when you save your information with us, order Products and Services from us, participate in a promotion or survey with us or otherwise provide information to us (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Products and Services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Products and Services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Following are the specific types of information we collect.
Information you give us. We collect information you give us on or through our Products and Services and websites, and when you register for and use our Products and Services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and profile information. When you register to use our Products and Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files and documents.
- User Information. You will need to set up your profile to be able to use the Products and Services. This includes, among other things, telling us how to contact you or your organization when faults are detected by the organization’s monitoring tools, and creating accounts for the users on your team. You will be required to provide the applicable contact information (“Contact Information”), parts of which will also be Personally Identifiable Information. If you or your users are supplying Personally Identifiable Information you represent and warrant that you have the right to provide such information.
- Payment information. If you choose to use a paid Voalte account or service, we collect your billing information and address.
- Submissions and customer service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically collected information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our web pages, Products and Services, and communications. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every website you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you. We may also directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Products and Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Products and Services.
Use of information.
In general, we use your Personally Identifiable Information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or Products and Services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, Products and Services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Products and Services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our websites and our publications, Products and Services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about Products and Services, activities, special events or offers from Voalte or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email/sms and to contact you about your use of the Products and Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales Products and Services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to Products and Services from Voalte that better meet your needs;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Voalte may store and process Personally Identifiable Information in the United States.
Sharing of information.
Voalte reserves the right to share demographic information about our customers, sales and traffic to our partners and advertisers. The data collected or shared by Voalte under this policy excludes any information that would be considered protected health information under HIPAA. As such, while Voalte operates in compliance with HIPAA, other applicable law, and its obligations under its customer agreements, this Policy creates no additional HIPAA or contractual obligations related to protected health information by Voalte.
Voalte includes collaboration features that, by their nature, support sharing with individuals. Those users can see your name, photo, and information from your Profile page; and they can contact you.
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our Products and Services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of Personally Identifiable Information (such as your email address and sign-up date) to third-party applications or services and utilize them to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our product. Third-party applications or services may analyze your use of our website and/or product and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use third-party applications or services as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within our product(s). As part of our service agreements, third-party applications or services collect publicly available contact and social information related to you, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience.
Voalte will not rent or sell your Personally Identifiable Information to anyone. Voalte also will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your requests, such as processing a credit card transaction.
Voalte otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, without notice, unless it is required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Voalte or our websites; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Voalte; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our websites, or the public.
Network and information security.
Voalte takes commercially reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. Always logout when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Voalte strives to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Updating and accessing personal information.
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can also request changes by emailing email@example.com.
Voalte may send you communications or data regarding our Products and Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Products and Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our Products and Services. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Voalte by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and our Products and Services.
If you have any questions about this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com.